Payment Failed Email in Magento 2 is a notification that is sent to the store admins if the payment method chosen by buyers during checkout fails to complete the transaction.
Sometimes you may have a case when failed payment emails are not sent or are delivered in spam/junk folders. To make sure that any failed payment email is properly delivered to stores admins and buyers' inboxes, you need to enable SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol) in your store.
Follow the steps below to configure failed payment email in Magento 2:
Failed Payment Email Configuration
1. Log in to the admin panel, and go to Stores > Settings > Configuration.
2. Expand Sales and choose Checkout.
3. Configure each option of the failed payment email:
- Payment Failed Email Sender: choose the sender of the failed payment email
- Payment Failed Email Receiver: choose the receiver of the failed payment email
- Payment Failed Template: choose the template that is used to send the failed payment email to admins and buyers.
- Send Payment Failed Email Copy To: enter one or multiple email addresses of anyone who is to receive a copy of the failed payment email. If you want to send a copy to multiple recipients, make sure to separate each address with a comma (,).
- Payment Failed Copy Method: if "Bcc" is selected, the Bcc (blind courtesy copy) of the failed payment email is sent to the recipient specified in "Send Payment Failed Email Copy To", including the recipient in the header of the same email that is sent to the buyer. The BCC recipient is not visible to the buyer. If "Separate Email" is selected, a separated failed payment email is sent to the recipient specified in "Send Payment Failed Email Copy To"
4. When completed, Click Save Config and flush your cache.
The failed payment email should be delivered to stores admins and buyers' inboxes anytime the payment method chosen by buyers during checkout fails to complete the transaction. Otherwise, you will need to enable and configure SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol) in your store to ensure all failed payment emails are properly delivered.
We hope you find this guide to configure failed payment methods in Magento 2 helpful. Feel free to share this article or leave a comment below. Your opinion is much appreciated!