Footer is one of the important parts of your Magento 2 website. is a section at the bottom of a page that contains data common to other pages, copyright notice
Many users that visit a website today, are interesting to scroll down the footer to read additionals info, check
links common to other pages and more.
Having an optimized footer can improve your site ranking in search engines
How to Configure Footer In Magento 2?
Magento 2 out of the box, comes with a settings where you can configure the footer of your site.
This setting allows to update the copyright notice that appears at the footer of the page,
and add the miscellaneous scripts to appears before the closing <body> tag.
Follows the stops below to configure the footer section in Magento 2.
1. Login in the backend, and go to Content > Design > Configuration
2. Locate the store view that you want to configure and click on the "Edit" link
3. scroll down to "Other Settings"
4. expand the Footer section and configure:
- In the "Miscellaneous HTML" field, enter the miscellaneous scripts that must be placed just before the closing <body> tag.
- in "Copyright" field, enter the copyright statement that appears at the bottom of each page
- If "Display Report Bugs Link" field is set to Yes, the bug report link (supported for some themes) to be enabled will be enabled in the footer. Set to No to disabled it.
5. click "Save Configuration" and flush your cache
The changes will appear in the front end.
How To Create A Custom Footer in Magento 2?
The default Magento 2 footer has some limitations, if you want to create a new footer or adjust/edit the existing footer of your site, you will need to build a custom module to handles it, or you can try this ready-made Magento 2 Custom Footer solution, that will handle it professionally and greatly saves your time on editing or creating a footer.
With the ready-made solution, you can create a footer that meets your business requirements and edit it easily.
We hope you find this article helpful. Feel free to share or leave a comment below. Your opinion is much appreciated!