Magento 2.4.3 version has been released on 10th August 2021 for Commerce/Cloud (previously Enterprise/Cloud) and Open Source (previously Community) editions.
This Magento 2.4.3 version comes with significant platform improvements, performance, and security enhancements. The expansion of reCAPTCHA coverage and inclusion of built-in rate limiting has been enhanced. Third-party libraries and core composer dependencies have been upgraded to the versions that are compatible with PHP 8.x.
Also, Magento 2.4.3 version comes with Page Builder as a bundled extension in the Open Source edition, which makes Page Builder now the default content editing tool for both Commerce/Cloud and Open Source editions.
Magento 2.4.3 version includes 33 security enhancements, 370 new fixes to core code, 290 GitHub issues resolved, from minor clean-up of core code to significant enhancements in GraphQL.
All known issues from Magento 2.4.2 version are now fixed in Magento 2.4.3 version.
Magento 2.4.2-p2 and 2.3.7-p1 have been released also along with Magento 2.4.3 version.
Magento 2.4.3 Version Highlights
- Security enhancements
- Infrastructure improvements
- Platform enhancements
- Performance enhancements
- New Adobe Stock Integration version
- New GraphQL features
- Page Builder is now supported in Open Source edition
- Compatibility with PWA Studio 11.0.0
- Vendor Developed Extensions Updated
- Compatibility Tool Upgraded (for Commerce/Cloud only)
- Live Search supported (for Commerce/Cloud only)
- New B2B version added (for Commerce/Cloud only)
- Cloud managed services updates ( for Commerce/Cloud only)
- 33 security enhancements to close cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities and remote code execution (RCE)
- A new Composer plugin, to identifies malicious packages with the same names as internal packages on the public package repository and to prevent dependency confusion
- Rate limiting, built into Magento APIs to avoid denial-of-service (DoS) attacks
- An extended reCAPTCHA coverage that adds an anti-brute force mechanism to protect stores from carding attacks. And, to protects Web APIs endpoints from spam attacks.
- Bunch of enhancements to improve the quality of the framework and the following functional areas:
Customer Account, Catalog, CMS, B2B, Staging and Preview, Promotions and Targeting, OMS, Import/Export, Cart and Checkout
- The support of PayPal Pay Later in deployments that include PayPal. Buyers can now pay in installments instead of paying the full amount at the time of purchase.
- A New use_application_lock indexing mode was added to enable re-indexing through environment variables or via app/etc/env.php file. No need to now reset the indexer after failure when this mode is enabled.
- Third-party libraries and Core Composer dependencies have been upgraded to the versions compatible with PHP 8.x.
- KnockoutJS library has been upgraded to v3.5.1
- TinyMCE v3 library that was deprecated has been removed.
- Laminas library dependencies have been upgraded to the versions compatible with PHP 8.x.
- Magento 2.4.3 is now comparable with Redis 6.0.12
- MFTF tests related to TinyMCE v3.x and Magento_Tinymce3Banner module have been removed (for Commerce/Cloud edition only)
- Indexation time for catalog rules & product price indexers is now decreased
- Ability to exclude a website from a customer group or shared catalog to improves indexing times.
Adobe Stock Integration
Magento 2.4.3 now supports Adobe Stock Integration v2.1.1.
- Magento 2.4.3 now support GraphQL coverage for shared routes
- RoutableInterface and route query now supports routing requests on category, product, and CMS pages
- The urlResolver query has been deprecated and superseded by the route query
- The support of Shared catalogs, Wish lists, Gift registries, Negotiable quotes, Shared routes have been added (for Commerce/Cloud only)
- Magento 2.4.3 Open Source edition now support Page Builder as a bundled extension
- TinyMCE editor replaced by PageBuilder in the following backend areas: CMS Page, CMS Block, Category Description, Product Description.
Magento 2.4.3 is compatible with PWA Studio 11.0.0 which includes new features, refactors, bug fixes, and various improvements.
Vendor Developed Extensions
The following vendor's extensions have been updated in Magento 2.4.3: Amazon Pay, Braintree, dotdigital Engagement Cloud, Klarna, Vertex Cloud, Yotpo Product Reviews
Upgrade Compatibility Tool (Commerce/Cloud only)
The scope of Upgrade Compatibility tool has been expanded in Commerce/Cloud edition.
The Upgrade Compatibility Tool is a command-line tool in Commerce/Cloud edition that checks customized instances against a specific version. It analyzes all modules and core code installed, and returns a list of critical errors, issues, and warnings that must be addressed before upgrading to the latest Commerce/Cloud version.
Live Search (Commerce/Cloud only)
B2B Extensions (Commerce/Cloud only)
B2B v1.3.2 is added. This B2B version includes multiple bug fixes and improvements in the followings features: Company, Company credit, Quick Order, Negotiable quote, Purchase orders, Requisition lists, and Shared catalog.
Magento 2 Commerce/Cloud now successfully sends update emails about expired negotiable quotes. Also, update emails about expired negotiable quotes and soon-to-expire, when a cron job is missing, are now successfully sent.
Cloud Managed Services Updates (Commerce/Cloud only)
AWS S3 (Amazon Simple Storage Service) and Amazon Aurora cloud managed services support have been enhanced, including certified support for AWS ElasticSearch, AWS ElastiCache, and AWS Managed Queues (Rabbit MQ).
Hundreds of issues have been fixed in the following areas of Magento 2.4.3 core code: Installation, upgrade, deployment, Adobe Stock Integration, Backend, Bundle products, Cache, CAPTCHA, Cart and checkout, Catalog, Catalog rule, CMS content, Configurable products, Content security Policy CSP), Cron, Custom customer attributes, Customer, Directory, Downloadable, EAV, Email, Frameworks, Gift cards, Gift message, Google Tag Manager, GraphQL, Image, Import/export, Index, Infrastructure, Invoice, Media Gallery, MFTF, Newsletter, Order, Payment methods, Performance, Pricing, Product video, Quote, Reports, Reviews, Rewards, Sales, Sales Rule, Search, Shipping, Store, Tax, Test, Theme, Translation and locales, UI, URL rewrites, User, VersionCMS, Video, Web API framework, Widget, Wish list
The following issues are known in Magento 2.4.3
An "Uncaught TypeError" displays in the browser console during checkout If reCAPTCHA is disabled. This issue will be fixed in a later release.
#2 - Content Security Policy error.
This error "The Content-Security-Policy directive frame-ancestors does not support the source expression unsafe-inline" show in the browser console in frontend and does not affect the frontend performance.
#3 - PayPal Credit display of gift card amounts
When PayPal Credit and multiple gift card amounts are configured, the amount for installment payments is not updated in the frontend, if a buyer changes the amount for the value of a gift card. This issue will be fixed in Magento 2.4.4 ( Open Source and Commerce/Cloud)
#4: The Add to order button does not work for products added to the cart by SKU
The "An error has happened during application run" occurs when the Add to order button is clicked after adding products to the order by SKU. A workaround for this issue is to use the Add Products feature.
Magento 2.4.2-p2 & 2.3.7-p1
Magento 2.4.2-p2 and 2.3.7-p1 have been released also along with Magento 2.4.3:
- Magento 2.4.2-p2 includes 18 security fixes to enhance Magento 2.4.2 deployment. Also, this version includes fixes for known vulnerabilities in 2.4.2
- Magento 2.3.7-p1 includes 17 security fixes that enhance your Magento 2.3.7 deployment and fixes for known vulnerabilities in 2.3.7
It's recommended to always keep your Magento 2 store update with the latest version. Make sure to upgrade your store to Magento 2.4.3, or apply Magento 2.4.2-p2/Magento 2.3.7-p1 security patches to be up to date with the latest platform improvements, performance & security enhancements, features, and more.
Hire an experienced Magento 2 developer to professionally upgrade your store to the latest version, or to apply the necessary security patches.
If you have any Magento 2.x upgrade/patching questions, feel free to talk to our experts
We hope you find this Magento 2.4.3 article helpful. Feel free to share or leave a comment below. Your opinion is much appreciated!